Monday, January 01, 2007


Yep, this is the beginning of Bejeweled, a lovely pattern from
Shobhana. There's a link to the knit along on the sidebar. It's a great, easy to memorize lace pattern that is creating a yummy fabric!

I'm knitting this in a luscious aran weight silky merino from Sundara Yarns. The yarn... I can't say enough about this yarn! The color (which my pictures do not do justice to) is a deep and shiny greeny-blue and it feels like butter sliding through my fingers.



For needles, I'm using the size 9's from my KnitPicks Options set. I love these needles! The tips are pointy, making those S1K1PSSO's really easy, and the slick finish lets the yarn just slide across the needles. The cables are fantastic and the joins are totally smooth. I'm definitely a convert... can't imagine using anything else for lace work!

If I have enough yarn left when the scarf is finished I'm designing a pair of matching fingerless mitts. The pattern calls for 270 yards and I bought 400 yards, so hopefully I'll have enough!

More later..........

2 Comments:

At 6:15 PM, Blogger jennhx said...

It looks beautiful!! Great job!! The yarn does look nice and shiny. The yarn I chose for Bejeweled is definitely not shiny, but very soft and springy. It's cool to see how different the scarves will be with different yarns.

Jennhx

 
At 10:12 AM, Blogger Vanessa said...

Thanks! I checked yours out and it's lovely :) I can't wait to finish this and block it, I think it's going to be beautiful!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home