Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Now that Christmas is over perhaps things will settle down at mi casa and I can actually take pictures and post more regularly! We'll see...

Christmas here was a very nice day. All the kids were home, (DD#2 worked from 4am till 12:30pm), presents were opened, dinner was good and everyone got along!!! This is an oddity here, let me tell you! I received some very nice gifts including yarn from DS, the Victorian Lace Today book, Knitpicks Options needle set, slippers and a lovely Citizens Eco Drive watch. Needless to say, I'm thrilled :)

Now the job search begins in earnest. I've applied online at every hospital in a 100 mile radius of my house. Today I've printed out resumes and cover letters (on nice paper, of course!) and am filling out hard copy applications to mail out tomorrow. I had begun applying for positions in early October, but dropped the ball a bit when I focused on one specific hospital. Imagine my horrified surprise when I discovered they had already filled all of their nurse residency positions! Sheesh.... never put all your eggs in one basket :(

On the knitting front I have started a basic garter stitch scarf for my step grandaughter. I needed something mindless and quick, plus DS was itching for me to knit something from the yarn he gave me for Christmas. It's just Lion Brand Homespun in a wild pink color (hey, he's only 13 and knows nothing about natural fibers!) so I thought a quickie scarf for Raven would be a nice knit and make him happy!

Hope you're all having a great week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home