Friday, October 20, 2006

Unfortunately, the first sock has been frogged completely :( I knit the heel flap and started picking up stitches for the gusset, but something just didn't click and I had a giant mess! As it turns out I had somehow also knit the heel flap inside out... well, the stitch pattern on the outside of the sock was the one that should have been on the inside, if that makes any sense. Suffice to say, it's OVER! lol

I cast on with some Regia sock yarn I received in the Hot Socks swap and I'm making pretty good progress with it. Much easier for me to knit with the smaller yarn, isn't that funny? Probably since I have spent the best part of the last 5 months working on a lace project!

School is whizzing along. Next week is midterm! I spent this morning applying for jobs on line at semi local hospitals. I didn't want to work in Seattle, but my instructor says that Harborview has a fantastic internship program, and I found two jobs (1 ICU, 1 OR) that said graduate nurses could be considered, so..... It wouldn't be forever, and I want to work off shifts. With the kind of experience you can get at Harborview, you can go just about anywhere. I also applied at Providence in Everett, Evergreen in Kirkland, and Cascade Valley in Arlington.

The thought of actually WORKING is somewhat scary, but the $$ sure will be nice. I'm tired of scrimping. I want to buy a house, I want to have a life. Go to dinner, lunch, take a freaking vacation once in a while! Hopefully that is all in my not too distant future.

1 Comments:

At 6:33 AM, Blogger Amie said...

Welcome to the Spinning Wheel!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home