Tuesday, September 12, 2006

And yet another 3 weeks has gone by..... though this time wasn't uneventful.

My darling grandmother passed away on 9/5/06. She was 92 and she went quickly so that, at least, was a blessing. She raised me as my parents weren't able to, and she's been the one constant in my very dysfunctional life. I miss her more than I can say.

Needless to say, the vultures (oops, I mean relatives) have been swarming and that too is very upsetting to me, but I have my pictures and memories of Grandma and that is all I need.

On the crafting front, my HA order arrived! What lovely yarns. I couldn't be more pleased and have been busy winding skeins of Kona fingering in anticipation of much dyeing in the next week! I need to get some heavy duty plastic wrap this coming weekend, then watch out!

Still knitting away at the mystery stole. I completed side 1, including my very first knitted on edging, and have now done clue 1 on the second side. Obviously I knit very slowly, but I'm enjoying the process and that is what counts! No recent spinning or sewing, though I REALLY need to get my WA State Swap blocks done in the next week (they're due 9/25). I'm about 2/3 done with 40 blocks so it shouldn't be a problem to finish them up.

That's all for now folks. I'm going to make time to learn to post pics so I can show off my stash, my dyeing experiments and my blocks!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home