Sunday, July 23, 2006

Well, this weekend has been somewhat looong and uncomfortable! I don't do well with hot climates. Yep, I'm the epitome of the famous "weather weenie". As I get older, the affliction gets worse. That's part of the reason I live in the great Pacific NW. After all, everyone knows that it rains ALL THE TIME here, right? hahaha

Not so this past weekend. Friday, 98 degrees. Saturday, 97 degrees. Sunday, 95 degrees. Now, if you're blessed with central air, no problem! Unfortunately we're not blessed. We have ceiling fans, floor fans, and table fans. They do a credible job of pushing the hot air around, but that's about it. Right now it's 10:11 pm and 82.6 degrees in our office/family room. 80 degrees in the main hall to the bedrooms.

Ok ok, enough whining. I only did a little knitting this weekend, getting another 6-8 rows of stockinette done on the Seraphim shawl. It's going to be beautiful, no doubt about it.... if I EVER get this frigging stockinette section done!

On a more cheerful note, I found a couple of wonderful bargains at a flea market Rick and I ran across on Saturday. Folk Socks (new!)and Knitting in the Old Way for 75 cents. Yep, total cost for 5 books we bought was 75 cents. Sheesh! Can't beat that!

I also dyed a blank scarf from Dharma trading on Friday. I was going for a salmon color that I've successfully achieved on cotton fabric, but on this silk/rayon scarf it's way more pink than salmon. Oh well, it's a beautiful color and the cut velvet just sparkles. Once I get my Dharma dyes from the coop I plan to order more of these scarves and dye up a bunch... see if I can sell them on eBay or etsy or somewhere!

Ok, back to sweating! Have a good week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home