Friday, August 25, 2006

Wow, where does the time go? It's been 3 weeks since I posted last... in fact I forgot my user name and password! What a headache!

School is finally out for the summer. I passed the Statistics class (B+) and now have just one more quarter to go and I'll be a full-fledged RN. Yeah! You have no idea how much I want school to be done for a while. It's been darn near 4 years and I'm tired!

On the crafting front: not much spinning has been done. I'm still working on the Corriedale pencil roving but I haven't spun since the last time I posted. I've been totally wrapped up in knitting the mystery stole 2 for the whole month of August. Now, you'd think that I'd be done with it, but NO!!! Obviously I am the slowest knitter on the planet. I am to clue 6 on one side only, and I've knit it several times but end up ripping it back when I find odd errors. That has made me decide to put a lifeline in every 5 rows for this clue only. I had banished lifelines other than at the end of a clue, but this one is kicking my ass so.....

Quilting wise I've been working on my WASIQ WA State Swap #9 blocks. It's a group of quilters from (or with connections to) Washington state, and we do a block swap every year. Those should be done by the end of next week and sent off. It's been nice to sew again, but right now I'm so wrapped up in knitting that I've had a hard time concentrating on them. How do all of you multi crafters balance your crafting time between obsessions? :)

I've also had my annual birthday (they do come yearly, huh?) and I'm now 45. The birthday itself was fine, Rick and I went out to dinner, I got several cards and some nice sock yarn, needles and a sock knitting book. I also got a huge order of Henry's Attic yarns so I can dye to my hearts content once they get here! I indulged in some Kona Fingering, Silk and Ivory, and Soie Naturelle Petite. You really can't beat the price through the Yahoo coop group and I can't wait for it all to get here!

Now I'm off to the fabric store to help a friend pick out fabric for a purse I've promised to make her. Have a great day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home