Wednesday, August 02, 2006

So much for posting daily! Life has been busy here and I don't always get a chance to spend any time blogging.
My class received their clinical nursing assignments for our last quarter a few days ago. I will admit to being disappointed, as I wasn't the recipient of a "mentored" assignment, just plain old Med/Surg with a different preceptor nurse for each clinical day.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not so sure that I deserved a mentored position, and I'm not even sure I wanted one! It just felt like I was being "passed over", since I was the only person that was recommended for an independent position 4th quarter that didn't get a mentored position in 6th. And then, as usual, some people who are known to have piss poor clinical skills did get mentored postions.

Oh well, enough whining, I'm ok with it now and either way, once this quarter is over I'm DONE!!!!

I've been knitting away at the Mystery Stole 2, finally got past clue 1 (seriously, I cast that one on 13 times!). Haven't done much more with Seraphim... those stockinette rows are getting really, really boring!

I did start to spin up some beautiful pencil roving I received from a coop with Crown Mountain Farms. It's corriedale in a beautiful pink/red/orange/yellow colorway and I'm spinning it pretty fine. So far, so good!

Tomorrow we are off for a weekend in Eastern Wa visiting relatives. It will be a nice break for all of us, and we'll have plenty of time to swim in the pool!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home