Wednesday, September 20, 2006

I pity anyone who actually reads my boring blog!!! No new knitting, spinning or sewing content today, sorry!

For the past week, I've been canning and doing a bit of freezer cooking. The canning is going well, thank god. I've done a box of peaches, a box of pears and am now plunging into 100 pounds of apples. The odd thing about the apples is that I'm sure they are reproducing at night! I take apples out, chop them up turn them into applesauce and the next day the box is still full! Whats up with that?

The freezer cooking wasn't planned, but when digging through my recipes I found one for twice baked potatoes. My family loved these (not sure why I quit making them) so I decided to make some up. Of course, I couldn't do them in a reasonable quantity. Hell no! I had to do 20 pounds...... but now they're done and I have ~50 twice baked potatoe halves in my freezer.

Back to canning, I'm trying something new to me this year. Since Rick was diagnosed as a diabetic last April, I'm canning with Splenda. I have to say that it's turning out wonderfully... to my surprise! No one can taste the difference and with my chubby family any decrease in calories has to be a good thing!

So, I'm off to chop more apples. Hope you're all having more fun today than me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home