Sunday, December 31, 2006

Happy New Year! May 2007 be better than 2006 for everyone :)

DD and I took the tree down this morning while watching the Seahawks game. As usual, everyone commented on the fact that I have "too many" Christmas ornaments. Is that possible???? Just because I have two of the gigantic Rubbermaid tubs FULL of just tree ornaments? Just because 1/2 a tub never ends up on the tree due to lack of room on the tree (must need a larger tree!)? Some people have no sense of stash, you know?

Speaking of stash... did a little organizing in that quarter too. I went to Target and bought 4 of the large under-the-bed rubbermaid totes. They're now full of spinning fiber. Then I emptied one of the 64 gallon totes that had odd bits of fabric in it, and now it's also full of spinning fiber. Two other 64 gal. totes are full of yarn. And umm... I couldn't tell you how many containers I have full of fabric. At least 6 of the large totes and NUMEROUS smaller ones, plus bolts, plus fabric that is just piled in the bookshelf. And I gave away a fairly large box of fabric earlier this year to a down on her luck quilter. Then there's the enormous stash of knitting, spinning and quilting books, magazines and patterns. The bead stash, the thread stash, the knitting needle stash (it could use it's own tote!)....

Something's telling me I should knit/spin/quilt more from my stash this year! Of course, I will buy more... particularly yarn. For that matter, I have some more yarn on it's way from the coop group I belong to. My plan is to shop more from my stash(es) this year though, before I randomly buy fiber/yarn/fabric. I have lots of patterns I'd like to knit, lots of fiber I'd like to spin and enough quilting WIPs to keep me busy for several years.

There's my New Years resolution! Tonight we'll be watching movies, snacking on sausage, cheese, crackers, chips, dip, spreads (maybe I should vow to diet too) in front of a nice fire.... Hope you all have a happy one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home